Sunday, April 26, 2015

Major's family camping #3 Labiniya campsite, Namasia Kaohsiung 11 April 2015


梅之家族第三露 拉比尼亞露營山莊 那瑪夏 2015年4月11日

Labiniya campsite, Namasia 拉比尼亞露營山莊 那瑪夏

Ever since we started camping (which is not long ago), I have been doing a lot of research on the camp site in Taiwan and planning our next camping trip. During my research, I have came to realize that how much I appreciate when I see someone made a post about the camp site. Those postings give me an idea of how the camp site looks like and help me in a great deal deciding if I want to visit there.

After our third camping trip, it came to me that I should start my own blogger and make my own posts not only to record our own good time while camping but also to help others when they are searching for camp site information. Writing in English is simply because it is faster for me than typing in Chinese! So I start my blogger with our camping trip #3 at Labiniya campsite, Namasia.

Major's Family camping #3 梅之家族第三露

Normally, my camp site selection decision is based on the following criteria: 1. toilet and shower facility 2. grass field or grass camp site 3. mountain area and the outside temperature 4. kids. Going to Labiniya was an invitation from my friend to join her camp group because it is simply impossible to book at the campsite without prior arrangement during the firefly session. Firefly watching is a very popular outdoor activity during mid-March to early May every year in Taiwan. So I was very happy to join them hoping to see the mountain full of firefly and visit a location where it is mostly resided by the Aborigines and was heavily scared after Morakot.

Nabiniya campsite on google map

We left Kaohsiung at around 11am. It is actually further than I expected to get to the campsite, 2.5 hours at least by car from Kaohsiung. It was quite easy to follow highway no.10 and then provincial highway no.29 until Jiaxian. Continuing provisional highway no.29 after passing Xiaolin and Namasia senior high school. Fortunately, my friend thoughtfully took some photos for me all the way on the circuital turns to get us to the campsite.

Take the road on the left! 走左邊那條!
Take the road on the left! 走左邊那條!

Take the road on the left! The road from here is getting narrower and into private land. 走左邊那條! 從這裡開始, 路越來越窄, 進入私人茶園區.


continue with the road on the left! At this point, this is a private tea farm land. On the right is the tea farm house and on the left is the descending tea farm. 左邊那條路繼續走! 照片左邊是茶園主人屋, 右邊是一整片茶園.

yes, the small road down the ledge on the right where can't actually see the road! 從右邊看不到路那裏下去, 不是左邊那條! 

I was really freaking out when I see the road on the photo above. Victor actually went out to check if there is road there. After descending down the road, the road reminds narrow but eventually we arrived at the campsite. There are total 3 levels of campsite at Labiniya. The main site also the largest is at the lowest level of the hill, i.e. after descending the scary ledge, continue descending pass 2 other campsites.

We chose the left side of the campsite under the tree to put up our tent

We choose the left side of the campsite under the tree to put up our tent. Because it was raining, we decide to put our dome tent under the gazebo. It is the first time we use our brand new portable gazebo. The rain was actually getting heavier in the evening. But the setup with the tent and gazebo kept us dry and warm the entire night. It was actually comfortable. Unfortunately, because the rain was too heavy, there were not much firefly around. I was glad we saw some on the previous camp trip in Nantou the week before.

Scooda 4 people dome tent and portable gazebo 速可搭挪威深林4人帳及客廳帳

It is a beautiful location here at Labiniya. Great view, fresh air, isolated. It is worth a visit and enjoy a weekend camping getaway.

morning at Namasia 那瑪夏的早晨

Apart from Isabel freaking out while we were driving getting here and leaving, the kids really enjoy our camping trip so far. Victor and myself also like it a lot. We always look forward to our next trip. No wonder people said "camping is addictive"!


Kids recommend it! 

Camping info sheet
Name: Labiniya campsite, Namasia 拉比尼亞露營山莊 高雄那瑪夏鄉
Altitude: 818m
Temperature in April with rain or at night: cold, needs coat or jacket and sleeping bag at night (Taiwan standard)
Toilet and shower facility: available (not far from our tent. It was clean enough for us.)
Electricity: available (needs extension cable)
Improvement: I think the only thing needs improvement is that the site keeper needs to do a better noise control after 11pm.
Charge: NT$150/adult; NT$100/child

Address: 高雄市那瑪夏區瑪雅里平和巷36號
Phone number: 0939189862(陳登科);0953835776(鍾慧貞)
Website: http://1065529.88u.com.tw/



No comments:

Post a Comment